Saturday 21 February 2015

Return #23 and Musings on Crowd Founding


Return number twenty three to the world of blogging. Well maybe not that many but it's been several times that I have stopped writing and left for a extended period of time only to take up the pen many months later. Though this time it has been almost a year give or take. But back I am now and fingers crossed keys to blog should happen every Friday from now on if I can stick to that casual posting schedule.




A almost year is a long period of time, probably far too much me to summarize in this article, so I shall start at the end and lay down where I am at this moment in time. 

I am still playing Wow, I have not un-subbed between now and the last time I was blogging. Though in an odd way at the moment it doesn't feel like I am playing. I log in do my Garrison missions across five max level characters and that's it for the day. Once a week I run LFR for Abbro stones and do garrisons campaigns on my alts. It's such a hands off style of play that I could easily have written I am no longer player Wow. Diablo's season two isn't helping though as at the moment that is taking up a lot of my time.

But the real kicker here is that without raiding, as many people have spoken and written about on the net. Currently there is very little to do at the level cap. That content that we have to do is very small chunks spread quite a way apart. I won't go into massive detail here as next week I intend to dissect 6.1. But it's odd I love the garrison feature its cool and I enjoy micro management. However I can't escape the nagging feeling that it is the major cause of the problem. 

I barely if ever leave my Garrison at lvl 100, for all the wonders and amazing story of Draenor through the levelling experience. There is so little content for level 100 characters I once capped apexis crystals, then had to blow loads on pets and gear since then I haven't really bothered to do the dailies. I can get all the gear I need for now from my Garrison missions, or via content I can queue for from within my garrison. The Garrison is a means without an end at this moment in time. 

But as I said I shall expand on these issues next week with 6.1. 

Finally getting round to the other half of my title, Crowd Funding and thrown in here is probably Free to play games as well. I respect and like crowd funding it's an awesome means for large numbers of people to positively impact the community/world. It also creates a system were creators of content etc have to be far more aware to the opinions of their audience which can only be good in my book. 

But ultimately as more and more games and sites etc become free to play or crowd funded, what happens when the interest and ergo the money dries up. To use the example of F2P games which normally fund themselves via cash shops and the like. If nobody buys anything but they all still play what happens to the game or the quality of the game. 

Crowd funding is so advance that at the moment the legal stuff is still catching up, in effect when we fund a project by any of the means. We are just handing over cash to those people with very little in return other than promises. Obviously we don't just give our backing to people we don't trust. However the large amounts of money that move around will tempt many more deviant members of society to try and take advantage or game the system. 

Of course as well there are many good cause yet we only have limited funds with which to support them. How do we choose between two good causes? 

So that wraps it all up for now, hoping that this isn't a false start to blogging again........ I shall endeavour to get the next one done for next Friday possibly at a more sociable hour. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment